Sunday, January 15, 2017

Welcome

Greetings and welcome to my bracket blog. This is my attempt to project the bracket for the NCAA Tournament. I have loved college basketball since I was a kid in Syracuse, NY, rooting for the likes of Pearl Washington and Sherm Douglas and Billy Owens (and against all things Georgetown). As an adult I root for the 'Cuse as always but also for Niagara (where I worked for a time) and VCU (who I saw upset Duke live in the '07 Tournament) and Dayton (who has the best pep band). 

In 2014 I took Joe Lunardi's Bracketology certificate course because I wanted to see how the seedings were done. It was fascinating. I don't pretend that my projections are anywhere near as educated as Joe's or anyone else's, but it's fun to put them together.

I live in football country, so nobody I know cares much for college hoops. But I go to the tournament whenever it's near my home, and now I'm going to see how I do projecting the brackets. I try to be unbiased. For me the fun is less about ranking the teams and more about solving the puzzle of placing them in the bracket. 

I also love fantasy football (which may find its way into this blog at times as well), Game of Thrones and Lord of the Rings (yes, you can like that stuff AND sports!).

No comments:

Post a Comment