Saturday, February 13, 2021

Top 16 Preview Preview

 Working on a new bracket today, but I wanted to quick get a projection of the Committee's reveal at noon today. So here's mine:

Gonzaga - Baylor - Michigan - Ohio State

Alabama - Illinois - Houston - Villanova

West Virginia - Virginia - Tennessee - Texas Tech

Iowa - USC - Oklahoma - Missouri

(Read as a snake - Villanova is the top 2-seed, etc.)


I always use the Committee's reveal to do a "reset" at the top of my bracket, and it's especially helpful to see what they do when you have too many teams from one conference. It was easier this time since the Big Ten and the Big 12 had four each, but it was close (Wisconsin and Texas were 5's for me).

Two regions total 32 in seeds, and the other two total 35 each, so that balance should be within their parameters. It doesn't seem that any are lopsided (unless you disagree with my top 16!).

Illinois, Villanova and Houston are knocking on the door, but I think Illinois and Villanova are next in line for the top line if someone falters. Baylor and Gonzaga probably aren't going anywhere. (I had Illinois ahead of Houston on my S-curve, but couldn't put the Illini into Michigan's region.)

We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment