Saturday, February 13, 2021

Bracket Preview Preview Review

 So not horrible... 

Per the Bracket Matrix scoring system (3 points for each team in, 3 for each on the right seed line, 1 for being within one seed line) with a maximum of 96 points, I had:

teams in - 15x3=45/48

teams on right seed line: 13x3=39/45

teams within one seed line: 2x3=6

90/96 points.

Where'd I screw up? I had Oklahoma and Texas Tech flipped. I know that head to head isn't all that meaningful but I did think a season sweep would be, and Tech swept the Sooners. I'm not too mad at messing that up. I had USC in instead of Texas. I was sucked in by USC's recent win streak - Texas has a far stronger SOS and way more Q1 games (the benefits of playing in a strong conference). 

The scoring system disguises my errors on the 2-seed line. My line was Villanova-Illinois-Houston-Alabama. The COmmittee's was Illinois-Villanova-Alabama-Houston. Not big errors, of course, and the funny thing was that the committee ended up putting them in the same regions as I did anyway!

So all in all, not terrible. I suppose at the top of the bracket you want to get them all right, but there's some room for movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment