Sunday, February 10, 2019

Committee vs Chris


Hopefully I'll have a new full bracket soon, and a somewhat deeper dive into my questions and thoughts on the bracket reveal from Saturday, but for now, here's my top 16 vs the Committee's, and a link to www.observertoday.com for my latest article (to appear on Monday). I don't really want to do a more detailed article here until that one runs, and I haven't had a chance to do a fresh bracket based on the weekend's games yet.

Suffice to say, though, that I'm going to update mine to reflect the Committee's top 16 and move out from there. Lots of action this weekend!

I will say this, though: I did not understand the committee's comment on the show about how close Tennessee and Duke are. Duke's overall numbers and metrics just seem so much better. The Vols are clearly a 1 but I didn't think they were that close to Duke.

And I'll say that I made the same mistake on Nevada as I did on Houston. Had I gone with my previous week's projection and kept them at a 4 and a 3 respectively, I'd have only missed on Wisconsin (who was my first team out) and Villanova (who was the Committee's first team out) and I'd be feeling pretty good. What matters now is to learn from their reveal and make my own bracket better from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment